Quote of the Week

"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook”
~Julia Child

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 1

The whole idea behind blogging had no interest to me before the opportunities of such a thing were more thoroughly explained by my good friend. To send out information to the vast beyond and get critiques back among individuals whom obviously have no bias to me what-so-ever. The idea is that those in our "generation", the in college to post college twenty-somethings, have a minimalistic view on how and what they can cook. I have heard from FAR F AR FAR too many of my friends that they simply cannot. I say contraire mon fraire! Anyone can cook, and I am NOT talking Ramen noodles here people. I began this idea/journey when a good friend of mine, Daniel who had just been let loose into the independence of living in a non dormitory environment, had to either begin cooking for himself or eat out all the time. Well I am pretty sure that those frozen pizzas and corn dogs, though occasionally delectable, were simply not cutting it. So for a few weeks before the holidays hit, we would choose an entire meal for which we would cook together. Showing him how easy and totally NOT SCARY certain cooking terms were, i.e. saute', broiling, making a roux (really just a hoity toity way of saying mix melted butter with flour). 

So I plan on adding each recipe that I show us making together, in FULL detail, and will hopefully give some helpful hints, and some side notes of our comical ventures. And if ANYONE actually reads this and is interested, please throw out suggestions or questions or ideas about what we are doing, or what you think we should or would like us to make next. By the way, one of the musts of cooking at home, and especially when cooking with friends is that a bottle of wine, or a tasty drink (whether it be a cosmo, or natty ice, I certainly won't judge) should ALWAYS be consumed. Trust me makes the whole experience that much more satisfying and increases the hilarity!

3 comments:

  1. dear chef kirsten i enjoyed the hearty chili recipe that you posted because it made my stomach feel like little midgits were continuously tickling it with fuzzy mittens on

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know where to find any italians to bread my chicken...where should i turn

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY NAME IS HERB AND I AM A GAY PORTLY TRICERITOPS THAT NEEDS A RECIPE FOR THICK SYRUPPY WAFFLES SO THAT I CAN GO A WAFFLING NEXT CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete